Project Manager – Entrepreneurship Challenge
Arunachal Pradesh Entrepreneurship Development Programme
IIM Calcutta Innovation Park is the knowledge partner for the execution of the Arunachal Pradesh Entrepreneurship Development Program that aims towards sustainable state-level entrepreneurship development and incubation support for the most promising enterprises of Arunachal Pradesh. Under this initiative led by the Government of AP, the so-called “AP Entrepreneurship Challenge” will be conducted that will kick-off the overall entrepreneurship program. The 3-month “AP Entrepreneurship Challenge” is a hunt for the 50 best and brightest entrepreneurs in the state. The program culminates with a Reward & Recognition Summit, where the best entrepreneurs are awarded.
Starting Date: Immediately.
The position of Project Manager – Entrepreneurship Challenge, will be the nodal point of contact for planning, organizing, managing and executing the AP Entrepreneurship Challenge as well as the final Reward & Recognition Summit. The role involves the following range of main duties (but is not limited to it).
- Coordinating with Local Stakeholders (Government, non-Government).
- Organizing and conducting promotional and outreach activities to potential participants via different channels (Social Media, Radio, TV, Print etc.) and onsite across different districts of AP.
- Conducting bootcamps/virtual sessions (using different video conferencing tools) with a variety of target groups in different parts of AP.
- Engaging with local entrepreneurs, answering their questions and motivating them to apply for the challenge.
- Managing applications and supporting entrepreneurs to complete applications for the challenge.
- Organizing the pitching/ screening events.
- Organizing and executing the Reward & Recognition Summit.
- Coordinating and monitoring the project and project progress.
Requisite & Desirable Skills & Capabilities:
- Good command and capability in written communication (mainly English & Hindi) with good presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, to be able to work in teams and deal with external partners.
- Demonstrated experience in project and/or event management.
- Independent handling of responsibilities with minimal supervision and a self-driven, results-oriented mindset.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to help get things done in a small and fast evolving organization.
- Graduates with minimum five years / Post Graduates with minimum three years relevant experience would be preferred.
- Preference would be given to candidates from Arunachal Pradesh and candidates with prior work experience with incubators and startups or in government organizations or organizations engaged in the development sectors. Good understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem, own entrepreneurial experiences, knowledge and experience in planning, implementation, coordination and monitoring of programs to scout and support early stage entrepreneurs will be an added advantage.
Tenure: This is a contractual position for an initial period of 6 months from July/August 2020 until December 2020/January 2021. In case of satisfactory performance, opportunities are available to transform this position into a long-term engagement with IIMCIP and the AP Entrepreneurship Development Program.
Compensation: Will commensurate with the candidate’s experience and the current market rate for similar roles.
Application: Send your application to email@example.com. Deadline for application is 2nd August 2020. Interviews will be conducted in a rolling process, hence early applications are suggested and welcome.